The Friends of Owslebury School
The Friends are anyone connected to the school. When your child joins Owslebury School you become a Friend and your input is sincerely valued. We work together with the staff and governors primarily to fundraise for non-essential but enhancing equipment and resources for the school. We organise two annual fairs; at Christmas and in the summer, discos for the children, social evenings for adults, second hand uniform sales, cake sales, hot chocolate after school on Fridays and ice cream in the summer and much, much more. We are always open to new ideas for fundraising and warmly welcome specific skills offered by our talented parents. We understand that as a small school any offer of help is invaluable and our recent success of raising many thousands of pounds is down to all contributions, no matter how small. The core group of friends consists of the Chair, treasurer and secretary. They are supported by several coordinators with specific roles such as cakes, recruitment, charities and catering. This ensures that no one has too heavy a role on their shoulders and that more people can feel more involved.
How We Spend the Money We Raise?
How Can You Get Involved?
There are lots of ways you can help the Friends to help your school:
- Offering to help before events or at other times during the year – it really is a case of ‘many hands make light work’. It doesn’t matter if you can’t help on a regular basis or even if you can’t come into school. There are always little jobs that can be done from home if you have half an hour to spare.
- Persuading employers / friends / contacts to donate prizes for raffles or things to sell at the Fairs
- Attending events, buying tickets and showing your support
- Volunteer to be Committee Member or coordinator
- Come along to the AGM and other meetings and give us your ideas for fundraising events – this is also the time to ask questions or voice your opinions.
The Friends Is A Registered Charity – Why?
Links with Local Business
Support from the National Confederation of Parent Teacher Associations – NCPTA
Our association is a member of the NCPTA. We pay an annual membership fee to the NCPTA which gives us lots of member benefits including subscription linked insurance cover, support and advice, regular newsletters, a special banking package to help us make the most of our funds, and an extensive list of PTA information and resources.