PE and Sport Premium
After the success of the London Olympic and Paralympic games, the Government provided an additional £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013 – 2014 and 2014 – 2015 to provide sports funding in order to improve the provision of physical education and sport in Primary Schools. All state-maintained schools, academies, middle schools, special schools and pupil referral units which have primary aged pupils (as reported in the 2013 school census) will receive the funding. This funding was extended into the academic year 2015 – 2016 and again into 2016 – 2017
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £8000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil.
For the academic year September 2015 – August 2016 (based on 72 primary aged pupils) we received an amount of £8360.
Key aims for Sports Premium Funding at Owslebury Primary School
- To provide all pupils with specialised dance coaching from a qualified and experienced dance instructor.
- To purchase and upgrade sports equipment.
- To enhance our swimming provision for all children from year 2-6 by attending 10 sessions of swimming in the Autumn Term.
- To provide a qualified sports coach to increase participation in lunch time sports activities.
- To hire qualified sports coaches to increase participation in sport competitions.
- To support and involve all children from year 1 – 3 to become more active by participating in Change 4 Life clubs.